Expanded Polystyrene (EPS)
Expanded polystyrene is a cellular material widely used in the industrial world. EPS is produced by expanding polystyrene beads with a steam process. The balls are transformed into fine spherical particles composed of 98% air and 2% polystyrene. The material can be processed by moulding into packaging and components of various shapes and sizes.
As experts in lightweight and durable foams, we manufacture a wide variety of cost-effective expanded polystyrene packaging and protection solutions for our HVACR and household appliances customers.
The material boasts a great number of properties that make it a privileged alternative to other plastics:
- Expanded Polystyrene is 98% air, 2% polystyrene
- wide range of densities, from 8 to 150 grams per litre
- exceptionally light and flexible, yet durable
- EPS is safe and environmentally neutral
- excellent insulating and acoustic properties
- 100% recyclability